Mar 13, 2009

The D-I-S-C..

Yo.. Attended the Pre-Conference of the Ripple Conference today.. And man was it fruitful I tell you.. The overall experience I will share with you people at the end of it all.. But today, let me just share with you something I find rather interesting..

Lets talk D-I-S-C..

Nope.. Its not the personality test that D-I-S-C.. This D-I-S-C is actually the 4 Biblical Focuses of a children ministry leader, something that a CM leader like myself should have.. However, I do find that actually we all need this, not only leaders, but everyone too..

~Okay~

Lets go into the main topic now.. So.. What does the D-I-S-C stand for?

D - Dreams
I - Influence
S - Strength
C - Courage

So this is what Hong Teck taught us..

..Dreams..

Dare to dream BIG.. Dream of the BIGGEST dream that you dare to dream for Jesus.. Be like Joseph.. Dream BIG.. The great enemy of dreams is a idle mind.. So dream.. Dream BIG.. Not day-dream thought.. Have a vision!

..Influence..

Be like King David.. Lead by influence, not by the position you hold.. Love others, and serve others.. Also, serve with the goal of making an impact in people's life.. The greatest enemy of influence is insecurity.. So.. If we want to influence people and make an impact in their lives, don't let your insecurity hold you back from serving people!

..Strength..

Be FIRM.. Stand strong.. And have the strength that Daniel has.. Strength that comes from serving God and doing His will.. Haha.. This Daniel is not me, at least not yet, but the Daniel from the bible if you are wondering.. Daniel had the strength to stand by his beliefs and see them come to pass.. Braving the fiery furnace and the lion's den.. The greatest enemy of strength is people pleasing.. When we turn away from God and start to please people instead of God, we lose strength in the deeds we do.. So.. Please God and stand for what is right in God's eyes.. So that we may forcefully advance God's Kingdom!

..Courage..

Do not be afraid.. Be like Paul, take heart and know that God is with you.. Paul did not fear to be prosecuted.. Instead, even after being prosecuted, he continued to serve God and did His will.. I suppose we all know how he "Shared Christ" to Roman soldiers when he was under "House-Arrest".. The greatest enemy of courage would be fear, or should I say, responsing to fear.. So.. We should have courage and be action-oriented.. Overcoming our fear with practical action, rather than sitting there and let fear overtake and cripple us..

I hope this entry will speak you and move you to take action in our lives so that we can all serve God better..

No comments: