Apr 11, 2008

Hmm.. I think I will devote this month to Psalms..

Yo.. So I will be spending this month or so talking about some verses from psalms.. I think that the book of psalms is a very nice book to read, moreover, I think that it kinda gives a overall view of what God is trying to tell us about our life..

For this post, I would like to refer us to Psalms 49:16-17..

It goes like this..

Do not be overawed when a man grows rich, when the splendor of his house increases; for he will take nothing with him when he dies, and his splendor will not descend with him

Sounds familiar? Its just like the old Chinese saying: shen bu dai lai, si bu dai cui (meaning- you're not born with it, and you will not die with it).. See.. God is telling us not to be too overly concern of our material wealth and things along that line.. Because ultimately, when we die, we will not be able to take our things with us.. And for what right? God will provide.. So rest easy knowing that God has got our backs.. Amen..

No comments: